I hope you found this website useful. This website is five years old . In this website, I have made available my published research articles & also various articles & ppts of my postgraduates. This has been done , because many of our articles are not available online . Most of the articles are on neglected tropical diseases , such as Leptospirosis , Infectious diseases , Poisoning & Acute Kidney Injury in India .
I hope you found the editorials on various aspects of health care in India interesting . I have suggested steps to improve medical research , medical education & patient care in our country in the editorials . Related links have Database of Medical Research in India (DMRI) which contains access to Indian Medical Journals & Free Medical Journals which has access to International Journals , which you might find very useful. I request the members to publish their clinical experience in this website .
I have made the glossary available for easy reference of the research articles & editorials . I thank the members for joining this website.
I am happy to inform that DMRI has launched its own Journal - The Indian Journal of Medicine .This is available at its website www.dmri.in. I request the members to view this Journal & give your opinion . I also request the members to participate in this Journal by submitting articles for publication .
As Community based teaching is an important objective of this Academy , I request Non Medical People also to participate in this Website. Please refer Faq for interesting questions & answers. You could also request for any interesting topics to be discussed. In case you have any problem , please contact me through my E -mail. My present email is firstname.lastname@example.org .
I request the members to participate in the Discussion forum. I hope you found this forum useful & interesting . I thank the participants for their valuable contributions .
I shall briefly discuss the various aspects of my research ( refer Research articles & Glossary for details ) . Please refer Editorials for summary of various studies on the following topics given below .
a ) Leptospirosis.
1 Published data on Epidemiological & clinical profile of Leptospirosis in Chennai.
2. Highlighted the role of simple diagnostic tests ( MSAT / Elisa IgM ) & discussed the role of MAT in the diagnosis of Leptospirosis.
3. Modified the WHO guidelines ( Modified Faines criteria ) for diagnosis of Leptospirosis in Indian Institutions.
4. Published article "Leptospirosis-current scenario In in India" in API Medicine update 2008 on the status of Leptospirosis in various states of india.
5. Leptospirosis laboratory established in Madras Medical College & their experience published.
6. Published article - Indian Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Human Leptospirosis - in API Medicine Update 2013 .
b ) Renal Diseases.
1. Published data on the Clinical profile of ARF in Chennai.
2. Did extensive work on various causes of Acute Renal Failure due to Acute Diarrheal diseases, Leptospirosis, Copper Sulphate poisoning & Snakebite.
3. Highlighted the role of Peritoneal dialysis in management of Renal Failure in India.
4. Discussed the role of conservative management of CKD & highlighted the problems of Renal transplantation in India.
c ) Poisoning.
1. Highlighted the role of Pralidoxime in the management of OPC poisoning.
2. Established the benefit of Forced Alkaline Diuresis (FAD) in Acute Copper Sulphate Poisoning.
3. Provided data on Methanol Poisoning & Corrosive Poisoning in Chennai.
4. The psychosocial profile of poisoning has been evaluated.
d ) Infectious Diseases.
Dicussed the Clinical profile of Malaria & Dengue Fever in Chennai.
The profile of Acute febrile disease in North Chennai has been evaluated.
Co-infection of Malaria & Leptospirosis in Chennai has been published .
Role of ADA in Tuberculous Pleural effusion has been discussed .
Refer Approach to Fever ppt for management of Malaria, Dengue & Leptospirosis .
e) Fluid & electrolyte disorders.
Discussed the various fluid, electrolyte & acid-base disorders in detail.